Have red rashes around penis, had protected sex. Is it STD?

Excellent

Question
hi doctor i am worried, i have red rashes around my penis and have peeling skin. is it a sign of STD
i have protected sex last few days . thanks
Posted Sat, 29 Jun 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 42 minutes later
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

The most common STD are herpes, chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, hepatitis B, trichomonas and HIV.

Herpes would normally present with a painful rash that would start out as a increased redness of the genitalia, this would progress to small water bumps or blisters that would burst to form small ulcers. There is usually pain during this entire process.

Chlamydia and gonorrhea may or may not be associated with symptoms. Some persons may be infected and not aware of it.
If it does cause symptoms it would not be associated with a rash like you are describing, it would cause : discharge that may be yellow green, burning on urination.

Syphilis would normally present initially with an ulcer.

Hepatiis B would cause muscle ache and pain, loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting.

Trichomonas would cause a yellow discharge

HIV would not cause a rash either, it would normally cause muscle aches, abdominal pain, stomach upset, joint pain,headaches initially.

It is possible that your symptoms reflect a reaction to soap, detergent, cream or material of some sort (possibly even the condom you may have used). You may want to consider the use of a mild topical steroid cream as well as an emulsifying or moisturising agent.

If your wish to know your status regarding the sexually transmitted infection, you may want to speak to your doctor about screening.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions

Follow-up: Have red rashes around penis, had protected sex. Is it STD? 30 minutes later
Good day doctor, i am so please that you reply me. I feel calm now. Yup i have protected sex (new condoms). My penis has rashes and skin peeling, however there are no pain and itchiness. i have no stomach upset or headache either. no joint pain. Can it be bacterial infection? yes i have consult the doctor. Yet i feel uncomfortable. The doctor gave me cream known as (Foban Cream) and antibiotic.I have no discharge of any liquid as well. However it has little pink spots . Dear doctor, can you please give me an idea or an opinion on this?

Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 11 minutes later
Hi

Foban cream is an antibacterial cream and the fact that your doctor gave you this as well as the oral antibiotics implies that he or she feels it is a bacterial infection.The little spots that you are seeing can occur in a non sexually transmitted infection.

NON sexually transmitted bacterial infection can occur on the penis as well

You can consider using the cream and other medication to see if there is a response.

Please feel free to ask any other questions

Follow-up: Have red rashes around penis, had protected sex. Is it STD? 18 hours later
Hi Doctor, thanks for the advice and will keep in touch with you on whether the symptom has faded away or not. The condition of my penis now is turning to pinkish instead of red rashes. Thanks doctor

Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 18 minutes later
OK, Feel free to contact with any issues.