Have red blind pimple like eruptions on nose. Allergy or sun damage?

I have red blind pimple like eruptions on my nose and chin which have come and gone in the last 6 months. They are red and unsightly and sometimes quite raw and open. Could this be a result of sun damage or a reaction to some food eg strawberries? I am 75 years old and have not had a previous problem with these type of skin eruptions.
Posted Thu, 24 Oct 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. R.G. Joshi 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Sun allergy,Photograph will help.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing to health care magic.

It seems you are having sun allergy.

The lesions are confined to exposed areas like face which are more prone to sun damage.

Food allergies do not manifest in this manner commonly.

Sun allergy or photo dermatitis is a primary clinical impression and at times it can be due to certain underlying skin disorders.

A photograph will help to find out exact cause.This facility is available in this forum.It will help me to guide in a better way.

Avoid sun exposure as far as possible. Applying sunscrrens is a good option but at times it can lead to sensitivity.

Physical protection like covering up face will be better.

Use mild soap or a cleansing lotion like cetaphil for face.

Avoid any cosmetics over face.

These are just some primary instructions.We can continue our discussion in a much better way if you upload a photograph here.