Have recurring pimples in pubic area. Tried topical medications. Prescribed Doxycycline. Stopped due to side effects. Suggest?

I have a reacurring pimple in my pubic area near the area where I pee. I squeezed what seemed to be a tiny pimple down there and now it's been there for around 4 months and won't seem to go away no matter what I do. I've tried topical medications but it always comes back. I pop it a few times a day and a mixture of white along with clear afterwards comes out. I went to a dermatologist a while back for the skin on my face and was prescribed doxycycline. However, I didn't like the side effects so I stopped taking it. I still had some left over and also another refill so in the hopes that it might help this I have been taking it for the last few days. It seems a little better I think, not atzackly sure but it is still there. Just wondering if this medication will help if I continue to take it. It is embarrassing for me and really hard for me to go to a doctor about.
Posted Sun, 13 Oct 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Doxycycline will help if it is a boil

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to healthcare magic,
You could be having a sebaceous cyst or furuncle (boil).
Without an opportunity to closely examine the lesion, I would not be able to accurately specify the condition. You have a feature to upload the images by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize that so that I can answer your query better. You can also send the image as attachment to YYYY@YYYY , with the subject as 'Attn: Dr. Johny Chacko'. Do not worry about privacy as the site takes utmost care about that.

If the lesion is infected Doxycycline will help. 100mg twice a day can be tried for 7 days. Inspite of that if there is no improvement you should consider a dermatology consultation.
Hope this helped
Follow-up: Have recurring pimples in pubic area. Tried topical medications. Prescribed Doxycycline. Stopped due to side effects. Suggest? 20 minutes later
Thanks for the info. The Doxycylcine I have is atzackly 100mg. I will continue to take this and if it is still no better I will have to see a doctor.

Thanks Again
Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 2 days later
Brief Answer:
You are welcome

Detailed Answer:
Happy to hear that I could be of some help.
Take care and wish you good health.