Have recurring pain and spasm in serratus anterior muscle. I have psoriasis. What could be the disease?

Poor

Question
i have recurring pain and spasm in seratus anterior muscle (upper back) every morning along with stiffness in my weist, pain disappear slowly after weake up and some movements, but the pain make me woke up very early due to heavy pain and spasm with some bowels and gas. i have eczima or psoriasis (i dont know exactly), since 2004 and high bp since 2003 i am taking nebigurar50 regularly, i have did full abdomen ultrasonography, everything is normal there, blood report high esr 28, ra factor negetive, crp high 8.16, aso titre negetive, uric acid high 7.50mg/dl, xray c/spine- mild spondylotic changes in c5-6, l/s spine-partial lumbarison of s1 vertebrae, d/spine ap/lat- mild wedging of d6 and d7 vertebrae. doctor prescribed nucoxia mr with evion lc but that not helping me, pain continued since last 10 month, i just want to know which disease i have. and how to cure from it
Posted Fri, 19 Oct 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 2 hours later
Hi
Thanks for the query

The disease you are having is called cervical spondylosis. in this disease there is compression of the cervical spine in the neck due to compression of the vertebrae due to which the pain is referred along the distribution of the nerve like you are having at the region of the seratus anterior muscle. the cause is the inappropriate position of the spine specially in lying and working. For proper management, consultation from neurosurgeon is recommended however some useful aid in case you prefer not to go is, physiotherapy of the cervical vertebrae and shoulder region. regular painkillers like meloxicam. do not use diclofenic sodium as you are hypertensive. and orphanadrine in combination with acetaminophen.

If you still have some queries, feel free to ask

Thanks

Follow-up: Have recurring pain and spasm in serratus anterior muscle. I have psoriasis. What could be the disease? 34 hours later
hi,
thanks for your detailed explanation, but there is some more question which need to be clarify for identify my disease, as i have detailed my x-ray report earlier, did u notice any changes of spine which can make lumber spondylosis, because as per symptoms cervical spondylosis is present i agree but there may be Thoracic Spine or lumber spondylosis also present because everyday morning i feel stiffness in my weist only which prevent me to sit properly in the bed, gradually improve after 20 min walking, pain in my seratus anterior is present along with some muscle cramp feeling when XXXXXX breathing, also feel numbness in my leg at while sleeping at night, sometime pain in my lower back also if i did 25km bykeing a day, that goes down slowly after some rest or i avoid byke for couple of days, secondly please guide me that nucoxia-mr is safe for me or not, how long can i take it and what adverse effect of this pian killer to my liver or kidney. and lastly please tell me can i resolve my problems slowly if i do regular stretch exercise along with yoga.....

Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 1 hour later
Hi
Thanks for the reply

Yes there changes at the level of 1st thoracic vertebra which will be causing the compression of the sciatic nerve. The mostly symptoms you are having in your joints seems to be due to psoriatic arthritis which is a complication of psoriasis. The nucoxia-mr is a smooth muscle relaxant which relatively safe has its side effects on the gut mainly causing acidity problem and GIT upset. i will suggest to use some anti inflammatory also with the advice of your doctor. rather than stretching exercises and yoga, physiotherapy by a professional is very much helpful

If you still have some query, feel free to ask

Thanks

Follow-up: Have recurring pain and spasm in serratus anterior muscle. I have psoriasis. What could be the disease? 7 minutes later
whats the test i can do which identify exactly psoriatic arthritis is or not

Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 15 minutes later
Hi

There are no specific test for the diagnosis of psoriatic arthritis. the diagnosis is made on clinical examination and some supporting tests by a rhuematologist. The tests that are supportive are ESR, CRP, MRI which you have already done and x-rays of the symptomatic joints.

thanks
regards

Follow-up: Have recurring pain and spasm in serratus anterior muscle. I have psoriasis. What could be the disease? 3 minutes later
also give perfect decision if i had psoriatic arthitis or cervical spondilitis or lumber spondilitis.......

Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 17 minutes later
Hi
thanks for the reply.

The cervical spondylosis and lumbago finding are on your MRI. The psoriatic arthritis is condition which weakens the joints and cause such conditions at different joints. so i cannot make a perfect decision about psoriatic arthritis as i told you it can be diagnosed by a rheumatologist on clinical basis. I m only having suspicion of that because of your multiple joints problem and psoriasis history.

Thanks