Have recurring MRSA infection. Cure?

I have reoccuring MRSA infection. CAN IT BE CURED? IF SO HOW?
Had 5 days IV antibotics a year ago, and it is back. I need a hysterectomy badly but Dr will not as long as I have sores. I am vomiting up pills. I have been projectile vomiting for months before the pills given a week ago. Would MSRS cause me to vomit over a long period of time? Need someone to care. I am disable, was a nurse. thanks
Posted Sat, 15 Jun 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Nirmala P 3 hours later
Thanks for asking in Healthcare Magic.

MRSA occurs in those with reduced immune status. It is commonly seen in hospital personnel like nursing staff and such hospital acquired infection is usually resistant to many drugs. It can cause severe skin and soft tissue infections, respiratory infections and infective pericarditis.

Vancomycin, Rifampicin are the first line drugs in the treatment of MRSA. Linezolid, Clindamycin and Daptomycin are the second line drugs. But the choice of the drug should be decided only by your treating Dr as all these drugs can result in severe side effects. In case of skin infection, Mupirocin ointment will be effective.

Among the symptoms of MRSA, vomiting is present in sizable number of people. Also, Doxycycline causes esophagitis and that should have aggravated your already existing vomiting. But you should also rule out other causes of projectile vomiting like gastric obstruction and severe GERD.

MRSA also causes pyogenic infections at local and metastatic sites (pyelonephritis, in your case). Culture sensitivity of sputum/ pus will determine the antibiotic sensitivity.

I hope this helps. Please address to me if you have any further concerns.