Have recurrent sore throat, running nose, sneezing, shortness of breath, dark yellow urine. Need permanent solution

ENT Specialist
Question
I have a problem , I get soar throat and then running nose in the weather change quickly . The running nose is accompanied by sneezing constantly . I have tried dcold and chest and cold but they did not work . I need a permanent solution . Some medicines to dry my nose . I am feeling very weak . And my urine is also dark yellow in color , which happens when i get extreme cold . My resistance to cold is 0 so need you to suggest some vitamins or something that shall increase my immunity . Also because the nose and throat is blocked , i am short of breath . I have skin allergy which starts this time around when the weather changes .Please suggest a good strong dosage , as i am immune to majority of low mg regular cold medicines
Posted Tue, 27 Aug 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 1 hour later

Thank you for your query.

1. You have a non specific allergy, probably to sudden change in temperature or humidity.

2. You need to request your doctor to give you a trial with a anti-histamine (such as cetrizine, rupatidine or fexofenadine), an anti-leukotriene (such as montelukast), a steroid nasal spray (such as mometasone, fluticasone) and regular plain steam inhalation.

3. The dark urine may be due to dehydration.

4. For building up resistance and immunity, try a good diet with natural sources of vitamins and minerals. A recently launched tablet (Pulmigen) from Cipla is a freeze dried bacterial lysate.

5. Get your nose and throat examined to rule out other causes of nasal obstruction such as a deviated nasal septum, hypertrophied nasal turbinates, persistent adenoid tissue and so on. The color of the interior lining of the nose may help identify the type and stage of the allergy. A video nasal and throat endoscopy will help. You may share the images here.

I hope that I have answered your queries. If you have any further questions, I will be available to answer them.

Regards.

Follow-up: Have recurrent sore throat, running nose, sneezing, shortness of breath, dark yellow urine. Need permanent solution 46 hours later
thanks doc

I wanted to know for immunity you suggested pulmigen is that to be taken regularly . And vitamins what types please specify I used to take vitamin c capsules and fruits with vitamin c for a month . But nothing worked again with weather change I had the same problem . Currently the mucus is collected in my chest and nose its dark yellow in color . And this has happened in a day , my immunity to cold is depleting day by day . Too much coughing is also taking place . Please suggest a medicine for wet cough and bad chest congestion too

Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 18 hours later

Thank you for writing back.

1. The recommended course for Pulmigen is ten days a month for three months. You should take all medication only under the supervision of a doctor.

2. Only Vitamin C supplementation will not prevent colds.

3. Request your doctor to prescribe an anti-histamine, an anti-leukotriene, a steroid nasal spray and take regular steam inhalation. A decongestant and a mucolytic may also help. A cough expectorant (such as Grilinctus-P) will help clear the cough. Get an opinion from a Chest physician.

Regards.