Ask a Urologist   »  

Have rashes on penis. Is it safe to take fluconazole 200mg?

I would like for Dr Mazumdar to treat my condition or a local Dr he recommends in the Tampa, Fl area usa. he thinks i have a penis rash caused by candida balantis or a dermograpism. telfast 180mg x 10 days, then 1 dose of fluconazole 200mg on the 11th day to complete the treatment plen. will i need a dr. prescription to get meds.? i think so. tk u. ketoconizole 2%, desonide .05%, lotrimin are all ineffective.
Posted Thu, 6 Dec 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 8 hours later
Hi ,thanks for using healthcare magic again

Unfortunately the medication cannot be prescribed via any of the doctors attached to this website as it is to mainly give advice and direction.
You are right, a prescription will be required for at least the fluconazole, you would not need to see a specialist, your family physician or general practitioner will be able to help you to obtain them.Any doctor can prescribe this once they have seen you.

You may know the telfast as allegra, it is the same medication, it was approved as an over the counter medication in January 2011, so you will be able to obtain this easily.

If you use the medication appropriately, do the other recommended treatments and still have symptoms then it may be best , if possible, to consult an urologist.
The home remedies that are normally suggested are: use of a non perfume soap, use of a mild detergent, soaking the glans in salt water.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions