Have rashes on buttocks and legs. Temporary relief from sapat lotion, tenovate-m, caladryl. Safe remedy?

Hi doc i am having rashes on the lower side of the buttocks & little in front between the joints of the legs. I have applied numerous medicines like sapat lotion, Btex, tenovate-m, caladryl lotion as well. It disappears for a week n recur again. It appears like a itchy patch & then spreads over. Kindly suggest as to what should i do in just grimful conditions.Regards.
Posted Wed, 1 May 2013 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 3 hours later
Thanks for sharing your concern with us.
From the description it seems you might be having fungal infection of groins known as tinea cruris. The area is prone to such infection due to occlusion, friction and sweat.
Treatment requires topical creams like clotrimazole or terbinafine cream along with oral antifungal like fluconazole. If the lesions are too itchy, then tablet cetirizine can be taken.
I would be in a better position to assist if you could upload an image of the concerned area.
Hoping to hear from you soon.
Follow-up: Have rashes on buttocks and legs. Temporary relief from sapat lotion, tenovate-m, caladryl. Safe remedy? 38 minutes later
Thanks mam i really appreciate your advise. I need prescription details & can u suggest me a anti-fungal soap for daily bathing. After applying the cream do we need to wash that area with soap?. Because the more wet regions itching starts.
Do i need to consult my GP?. Is there any side effects of this medicine?. Pl kindly suggest. Regards.
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 18 hours later
Thanks for writing back.
I will answer your queries specifically
You may use candid soap for bathing. Routinely we do not prescribe antifungal soaps. Creams and tablets are enough to treat fungal infection

While bathing clean the involved area too. Dab it with a towel to dry it properly and then apply clotrimazole cream available as candid cream.
Sometimes we prescribe oral fluconazole 150 mg to we taken once in a week.

I would always encourage a visit to dermatologist to get the area analysed and diagnosis confirmed. As such there is no side effect of these medicines, however it is always safe to take prescription medicines under a doctor'sfollow up and supervision.

Also make it a point to wear loose cotton clothes. Change your underwear twice and keep the area well ventilated.

Hope that answers all your queries.