Have rapid heart beat and lightheadedness when standing up, ear pain, audiophony. What is it?

Nephrologist
Question
When I stand up I get lightheaded and feel my heartbeat. I also have audiophony and mild pain in my ear with pressure. What could it be? Also seem better when temp is cooler. Been dealing with this for 8mos. Tried nasal allergy spray and diarectics nothing has worked.
Posted Sat, 25 Aug 2012 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 3 hours later
Hello

Thanks for the query

It looks like you are suffering from benign paroxysmal positional vertigo and the feeling of heart beat is a part of it.
You have not been on correct medications for the problem, the ideal drug to take would be betahistadine three times daily.

The other close differential would be positional hypotension but what goes against it are the ear symptoms.

Please approach an ent specialist for the same.

I hope I have answered your query, of you have no further queries please accept my answer

I wish you a speedy recovery