Have raised cholesterol level. How to control it?

Hi.. my age is 29 years and my cholesterol level 205 mg/dl and fasting blood sugar level is 82 mg/dl.
Could you please tell me if these levels are okay , if not what do you think I should proceed with.
Posted Wed, 23 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 23 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Dear Sir,

Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX

Well looking into your problem I would like to tell you that your sugar levels are within range and there is nothing to worry .

Your cholesterol levels are slightly raised , generally < 200 mg/dl should be there . This can be treated with life style modification like exercising for 30 minutes everyday and avoiding fried and fatty foods . You do not require any medicine at present.

You should repeat your levels after 2 months following these interventions .

Dr. Shruti
Follow-up: Have raised cholesterol level. How to control it? 7 minutes later
Thanks doctor for your reply !

Also do you think , I should do LDL and HDL test to precisely know about cholesterol. Is Total cholesterol level is sum of LDL and HDL ?

What they signify and what should be their range ?
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I dont think you require them.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Sir,

I dont think you require any further testing . At age of 29 years body has its own mechanisms to correct the problems . If you cholesterol comes abnormal for seconf time then only further testing is advisable .

Dr. Shruti