Have psoriasis in legs and elbow. Can I use disprovate es plus?

I am 45 yrs old female. Have psoriasis in my legs and elbows for the last 15 yrs.Recently it has aggravated due to some unknown cause which I am not able to identify. Can I use DIPROVATE ES PLUS for my psoriasis which is very worse due to the dryness? It also itches a lot. Pls advise. Thanx.
Posted Thu, 4 Apr 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 40 minutes later
you can use disprovate ES plus.
It contains a strong steroid and salicylic acid, both are good in severe psoriasis.
Apart from this take tab avil to reduce itch. Also apply a moisturising lotion daily.
Regarding increase in symptoms there are two reasons for this.
1. The climate is dry so body is loosing moisture and hence scaling.
2. You are hypothyroid, hence your skin is dry.
Please get your thyroid levels checked once.
Let me know if you have any other doubts.
Wishing you good health .
Thank you
Follow-up: Have psoriasis in legs and elbow. Can I use disprovate es plus? 1 hour later
Thanks for ur prompt reply to my question. Will surely follow ur suggestions.
Just like to know what kind of moisturising lotion would you advise... any particular
brand ?! Can I use XXXXXXX Butter to moisturise my skin. Also let me know what kind
of soap shall I use.. I am currently using an Aloevera soap and it is not so great in
keeping my skin soft and moisturised thru the day. What is the dosage of Avil you
prescribe for my itching ?! Any food restrictions in particular ?!
Awaiting ur reply. Thanks.
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 17 minutes later
Thanks for the follow up.
Yes you can use XXXXXXX Butter as moisturiser.
I advice dove soap to my psoriasis patients and it really works, you can also give it a try.

Dosage of avil is 25 mg in night. Not more than 1 tablet a day.

Thank you