Have psoriasis. Having muscle twitching all over body, pain in neck with swelling. What's going on?

Hi. I've had non stop muscle twitching all over my body for 6months+ now. I do have an autoimmune disorder (psoriasis). I have also been diagnosed with general anxiety in the past and have encountered many stressors over the last year. I also have terrible pain in my neck where my head and neck XXXXXXX It seems as of I have some swelling most of the time behind my ears and back of head (either nodes or inflamed tissue). There is lots of pressure and popping/cracking in that area as well. These symptoms seem to have started around the same time (inflammation/twitches). Any idea what may be going on with me?
Also during the time when these nodes or tissues are swollen it seems to cause very painful headaches. Loud noises also cause a popping sound XXXXXXX in my ears.
Posted Sun, 24 Mar 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 1 hour later

Thanks for the query,

1. Regarding the twitching, you do not have to worry much. Twitching, without muscle weakness, does not indicate serious neurological illness. It could be related to altered calcium, sodium levels in the blood or could even be related to stress.
2. Neck pain with swelling need physical examination. If it is a lymph node or other inflammatory one, it can be subjected for tests like needle aspiration for a definitive diagnosis. The possibilities could be infection or inflammation and can be established after a needle aspiration and before that a physical examination by a specialist
Overall I feel that your symptoms could be related to stress/anxiety. But you get examined by a physician who will guide you through tests and examination to come to a conclusion.

Hope this clarifies
Please get back to me if you have any concerns
Follow-up: Have psoriasis. Having muscle twitching all over body, pain in neck with swelling. What's going on? 7 hours later
Thank you very much.
Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 28 minutes later
Thanks for the feed back.

Best wishes,