Have problem getting up when sitting for long and falls. Suggest?

Spine Surgeon
my wife is 82 when seating for half an hour or so then getting up to walk the left leg will not take the weight and she
falls .this has happened twice in the last two weekes please give possible reasons
Posted Mon, 21 Oct 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Rahul D Chaudhari 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
need more information

Detailed Answer:
I understand your concern. I need to know more about the problem. Is there any leg pain? This thing happen only after sitting for a while? Foes it happen in the night as well? Does she feel numb leg?
Most likely reason may be localised ptessure on the nerve due to sitting and this causes sudden numbness and tingling with inability to weight bear however the leg becomes normal in few minutes.
Please get back with above information especially if she is having leg pain. Thanks.