Have pricking feeling on skin, hives. Taken Benadryl. Taking Losartan, Adderall. Any thoughts?

Hi, I am 40year old female, 150lbs, 5'2. I am having some major issues.. Let me tell you my meds first. In the am I take losarten, hctz, and adderall 30mg, pm I take 400mg lamictal, and very low dose of risperadal. 25

I have always had different medical issues especially after my 2 year old daughter passed away, she had Mitochondrial Disease... I had a lymphendectomy, due to cat scratch fever,
7 lymphnodes removed from my groin, XXXXXXX XXXXXXX sling last june(that has not worked, helped some), i have 5 cysts on my ovaries that need removed soon.. My gyn says that he will fix my bladder when I have my ovaries taken out. I had a hysterectomy 2-2002 after the birth of my daughter in Nov. I had to csection,got staph infection in my cut, then it traveled to my uterus.. I was very very sick.. Multiple d and c's after the birth of each child ( I have 3),
Chiari type 1...
So, now I have developed this terrible thing with my skin, I have hives, bad... I feel like needles or 1,000 bee stings in my arms belly,back, and private area, it becomes painful. It feels like it's going to my eyes now.. Last from 30 mins to hours.. This is not all day, mostly in the evening time, but it's very bad.. I have marks on me, I scratch till I bleed,.. Fatigue. I have used evertype of cream, taken benydral, at times doubling the dose.. I'm so scared to go to the doctor for this new issue... I feel like I go to often.. And it always something weird.. My labs were all normal 2months ago. Any thoughts on this new problem??
Thanks so much,
Posted Sat, 11 Aug 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 1 hour later
Thanks for writing in.
I do understand your situation.
as far as the hives are concerned, we should be thinking in terms of allergies. Now you could be allergic to literally anything from dust, pollen, one of the drugs you're taking ( even if you did not react to them like that before) , animal dander or anything.
The following things should help:
a. Keep a symptom diary and try and identify what you're allergic to
b. Dont use excessively warm water for bathing. Use only lukewarm water
c. Your shower should not last for more than 5-10 minutes
d. Put in a thick moisturizer when your skin is still damp after your shower
e. Apply benadryl ointment locally on the affected area
f. Please take Tablet Cetrizine 10 mg once daily
Also, since stress can make hives worse, please get a little exercise to manage it. Meditation and yoga would also help significantly.
Hope that helps
Let me know if you have any more questions.