Have poor ovarian reserve. Should I go for IVF? What are the risk involved?

Infertility Specialist
Got married recently (3 months b4) .. on a general visit to doctor found that i'm having a poor ovarian reserve and we might take up IVF path. I'm 31 yrs now. I'm really worried for the health and the future. Please help me with the information. We are in a XXXXXXX stress,

1) Can some one please explain the risks involved in IVF. ? Both for baby and myself? Blogs in internet point to lot of issues. We are really worried.

2) My AMH is found to 0.4 and FSH 11.5 with anatral count just 2 this month :( Last month it was 6 . And a month before 4..... Can i become pregnent atleast by IVF ? how much chances i have. ?

3) can i have a second kid after 1-2 yrs ? will i have eggs even after 1-2 yrs.? Will i reach menopause before :(?
Posted Sun, 24 Mar 2013 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 45 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX, thanks for your query. I read your query and I understand your concerns. Following is my reply : 1) Some women experience premature menopause. I am sorry to say you are one of them. Its time to hurry with pregnancy by IVF. 2) There is no effect of IVF on health of baby or you. Its a safe procedure. What you read on internet has no evidence. Its safe to undergo IVF. 2) Your reserve is very low. You can try for IVF immediately. If you are lucky you might get few oocytes which can be fertilized. Chances are less though. 3) Dont waste anymore time. Please see an IVF specialist immediately. 4) If no eggs are available after stimulation for IVF, be mentally prepared to conceive by donor oocytes. 5) I dont think you can try for second child after 2 years. Chances are very very less. I hope I answered your query. I will be available for follow up query you have. Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol. IVF & Infertility Specialist.
Follow-up: Have poor ovarian reserve. Should I go for IVF? What are the risk involved? 9 minutes later
Thanks alot. Just one question.
Donor eggs means the genes of the baby will never have my genes ... right ? how and where we find donor's ?

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 8 minutes later
Hi, you are absolutely right. Donor oocytes pregnancy wont have your genes. You will be carrying the baby but none of your genes. Finding a donor is helped by counsellors in IVF centre and support groups. Please visit an IVF centre who will detail you on this. I hope this helps. Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol