Have plus cylindrical power. Feeling tired and fatigue on wearing the glasses. What should I do?

Ophthalmologist
Question
Sir,

I am having +0.5 cylindrical power in both the eyes. I have checked multiple times with ophthalmologists but still i am not comfortable wearing glasses. I feel tired, fatigued on wearing the glasses for some time. I feel better and active without glasses. I tried changing the glasses in good ophalmological hospitals but it didnt work. I have some difficulty in reading without the glasses too. I am having this issue for 2 years , what should i do now.. help me please
Posted Sun, 20 Jan 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders

Answered by Dr. Mihir Shah 37 minutes later
Dear XXXXXXX,

Plus cylinder power is difficult to tolerate. You can transpose the power and make it into a minus cylinder. Minus cylinder powers are much more comfortable. You can contact a local optometrist and he should be able to transpose it.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer any furthur queries if you have any.

Best regards,
Dr.Mihir Shah

Follow-up: Have plus cylindrical power. Feeling tired and fatigue on wearing the glasses. What should I do? 6 minutes later
Sir,

Sorry sir, but in my prescription , its written ± 0.5. i got the glasses for that prescription.i am not sure whether my glasses are only +. what should i do now

Answered by Dr. Mihir Shah 1 hour later
Dear XXXXXXX,

There is something wrong with your prescription. It cannot be +-. You should go to your nearby optometrist and get a new prescription. If possible send me the scanned copy of your prescription.

Best regards,
Dr.Mihir Shah

Follow-up: Have plus cylindrical power. Feeling tired and fatigue on wearing the glasses. What should I do? 25 minutes later
Sir,
I have uploaded my report as jpg image..Kindly go through it and give me your valuable suggestion. Thanks

Answered by Dr. Mihir Shah 16 hours later
Your prescription says that you have minus cylinder. You should not be having such discomfort because of the glasses. I suggest you should get your power rechecked by a nearby optometrist.

Best regards,
Dr.Mihir Shah