Ask a Urologist   »  

Have pimple like bump at the base of penis. What could it be?

HIV AIDS Specialist
I have a single pimple a little smaller than a dime at the base of my penis. The spot appears to be an ingrown hair, but I am not sure. Now I have a rash that looks like a contact dermatitits on the left side of me. I am freaking out but would love your advice. I do have pictures
Posted Fri, 22 Mar 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 8 hours later
Welcome to XXXXXXX

That pimple like bump on your penis may be a sabaceous cyst (due to retention of sabaceous secretion of the oil gland) or some other benign cyst.
Kindly mention about the duration, whether it is painful or not, about your sexual activity etc.
If you could send pictures of the same I may be able to throw more light on the same.
As you had already have the history of sensitive skin, the rash could be due to some type of eczema. You have not mentioned whether it is itchy or not. The location also you had mentioned as left side of you. It could not be able to understand the exact location. Kindly elaborate the same.

Expecting your feed back.
Dr S.Murugan