Ask a Dentist   »  

Have pale pink to white flaps near wisdom tooth. Concerned. Serious?

Hi, I have slightly pale pink to white flaps where my wisdom teeth have appeared years ago. Not noticed this before but concerned it may be anything of a serious nature.
Posted Sat, 20 Jul 2013 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Anshumala Singh 25 minutes later
Dear friend.

Thanks for sharing your concern.

Do not worry.please keep a close watch on symptoms,if you find any redness,swelling or associated pain then you must visit your dentist for clinical evaluation.

Have you got your wisdom tooth extracted.if so when?please mention. Are you taking any medication presently?Also do you have any decayed tooth,or gum problem.please mention?

Meanwhile you can do antiseptic mouth rinses.This should turn the mucosa to normal from pale pink.

Awaiting your response.