Have painful pimple at inside edge of eyebrow. Noticed swelling below pimple. Is it infected?

Hi, I had a pimple, it seemed, at the inside edge of my eyebrow. It was painful, so I used an extraction tool to "pop" it. The next morning, there was swelling below the original pimple, along the side of my nose, to the corner of my eye (along eyelid). I'm thinking I caused an infection? It's been a few days - swelling always looks worse in the morning - but it's still there. If it's infected, or even if it's not infected, what do I need to do/take to get the best result?
Posted Fri, 31 Aug 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 1 hour later
Hi dear,

Ive gone through information provided by you and also images uploaded by you.

It seems that pimple you've extracted has got secondary infection.

Oral and topical antibiotics and anti -inflammatory drugs orally will be helpful.

Topical antibiotic like mupirocin or fusidic acid twice daily will be very effective.

Avoid touching the area with hands.

You can also keep warm compresses twice or thrice daily to reduce pain and infection.

Hope this helps.

If you need any further clarification please let me know.

Dr Sudarshan