Have pain in shoulder blade causing pain down to arm. Do exercise daily. Underlying cause?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
This is my still working fit husband who runs 6 miles everyother day and lifts weights the other days. Yoga everyday for the last 30 years.
Posted Sun, 27 Oct 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Seems to be muscles strain.

Detailed Answer:
Hi and Thanks for your query.

The symptoms you have described are more likely to be symptoms of muscles strain.
To get relief from the pain and for quick healing, I advice him to-
1. Do hot fomentation at the site.
2. Apply local anti-inflammatory gel 2-3 times a day.
3. Take anti-inflammatory drugs like Ibuprofen to reduce pain and local swelling or inflammation.
4. Do not lift weight or try to do exercise that involve painful muscles. Give proper time for the injury to heal.

I do hope that you have found something helpful and informative and I will be glad to answer any further query.