Have pain in right hand side of ribcage at the bottom. Very painful to touch. Suggest the cure?

Excellent

Question
I have a pain in my right hand side of rib cage at the bottom. There is an area that is very painful to touch?
Posted Thu, 7 Nov 2013 in Back Pain

Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Physical exam, clnical history, chest X XXXXXXX

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for the query,

It might be necessary to have a careful clinical evaluation, especially if this has been going on for a long time.

The pain could be simply due to an irritation of diaphragm. Inflammation of lesion with the liver can cause pan that irradiates to the chest.

It is important to note if you experience any fever or not, whether you have been coughing or not. A lung infection or lung inflammation could explain the pain.

Tenderness to touch , especially if this is experienced at the junction between the ribs and the sternal bone could indicate Trietz syndrome. Treatment in this case involves mainly the use of steroids.

A good physical examination and a chest X XXXXXXX would be sufficient to make a good diagnosis and treat. I suggest you consult your primary care doctor, and with elements from your case history, he should be able to make a good diagnosis.

Thanks and kind regards. Feel free asking further questions in case you have specific concerns. I would be glad answering follow up questions in case you have any.

Kind regards.

Bain LE, MD

Follow-up: Have pain in right hand side of ribcage at the bottom. Very painful to touch. Suggest the cure? 26 hours later
Thank you for your reply. i also have been having discomfort in my chest wall area. especially when ive been lying down and get up, all my chest wall tightens feels like muscular but it is very painful. i can't put weight on my right arm when trying to get up as this makes it worse. also if u bend down it seems to make it happen too. This has been going on now for almost 3 weeks its very uncomfortable and i have to change my position to rid the sensation. also if i shrug my shoulders or stick my chest out it also happens. Im becoming very worried about it now as Im struggling to sleep with it as laying on right side is painful

Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
Get a chest X XXXXXXX done.

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for the update,

From what you describe, it is very imperative for you to get a Chest X XXXXXXX done. This shall be the main examination now that shall direct further actions. A clinical review and other blood tests shall be asked and a good management plan could then be developed.

I suggest you see your primary care physician, get a good clinical review and a Chest X XXXXXXX for a start. Thanks and kind regards.

Bain LE, LE

Follow-up: Have pain in right hand side of ribcage at the bottom. Very painful to touch. Suggest the cure? 3 hours later
Thank you for your help. My gp has ordered an xray for me and blood tests. hopefully i Will find out exactly what is happening. I really appreciate your help and advise you gave me.

Brief Answer:
Thanks too

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for the update,

I am happy and hope the exact cause be gotten soonest and appropriate treatment offered.

Wishing you the best of health. Kind regards,

Bain LE, MD