Have pain in lower back while standing

I have pain in my lower back from last 2 days. Whenever i get up or sit I get a pull for last two days. When i stand the problem is less.
Posted Sat, 2 Nov 2013 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 11 hours later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for posting your query on XXXXXXX

It seems that you have muscle pull or spasm in the lower back area. Since it has been there for some time only, it can be managed with lifestyle changes and pain-killers. It should get better in some days. If it gets worse or it does not get better in 3 - 4 weeks, then you may see an orthopedic surgeon.

For now my advice will be as follows:
- Take adequate rest
- Do not lift heavy weight objects
- Do not bend down or put unnecessary strain on your back while changing posture
- You can try a back support belt
- Take calcium and vitamin D supplements
- Take adequate painkillers like brufen or voveran tablets
- Use semi-soft mattress for sleeping
- Some stretching exercises may help

Let me know if I can assist you further

Dr Vaishalee