Have pain in foot, and happens when get up from sitting. Underlying cause?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I have pain in my right foot, in the middle above my arch. This happens especially when I have been sitting down and then get up. It has been going on some time now . At least 6 months or more. It some times walks off but not always.
Posted Sat, 31 Aug 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 47 minutes later
The pain that you have described is likely to be due to flat foot, tendonitis or osteoprotic changes in your bones. You need go get it examined and get serum calcium and vitamin D3 levels evaluated to find out the cause.
This is usually treated with mild pain killers, hot fomentation and proper calcium supplements. Shoe inserts may be needed if there is flatness of arches. Regular physiotherapy is also recommended to avoid the recurrences.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.