Have pain in collar bone usually after eating ad drinking. Cause?

I have pain in my left collar bone usually after I eat or drink something. It is a dull aching pain that lasts sometimes for over an hour. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Posted Mon, 14 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Could be a soft tissue pathology

Detailed Answer:

Since the collar bone is more of a fibrous bone, healing of any sort of fracture even complete may be weak. The pain could be due to improper healing but it is a rare possibility as the pain you have is dull in nature. Collar bone defects usually give rise to sharp pains.

I suspect there to be some soft tissue pathology near the collar bone probably a lymph node swelling owing to the history of cancer.

I suggest you to get an Xray of the Collar bone first to rule out defects in the bone and then proceed with a CT scan which may help to identify the soft tissue involved.

Please let me know if there are any doubts.