Have pain due to sciatica problem. What is the treatment?

Hi there, I have a sciatica problem and the pain seems to arise all of a sudden. In a matter of minutes the pain gets so bad that I cannot even move. Can you please help me with it.
Posted Wed, 11 Dec 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 13 hours later
Brief Answer: Pregabalin Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. If you are not on medication like Pregabalin do ask your doctor for the same. It is one of the best medication for neural pain and recommended specially in conditions like Sciatica. Regards,
Follow-up: Have pain due to sciatica problem. What is the treatment? 31 hours later
Hi Dr. XXXXXXX Will this medication provide me permanant help. Whenever I have the sciatica pain I take the medication and it subsides but again all of a sudden I seem to have the pain again. I can't figure out the trigger for the pain. I am told that generally there is no cure for it. Is it true?
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 39 hours later
Brief Answer: It will help Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing back. Yes, Pregabalin does help. It is difficult to treat sciatica but not impossible. Also yes, the cause for the same cannot be found usually. Regards,