Have pain due to neck sprain, caused incorrect sleeping posture. Suggest?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I am a 30 Year old working professional.Since 2 days I am feeling great pain due to my Neck sprain because of which I am unable to bear the pain. I am unable to rotate my neck properly and suffering a lot due to pain caused by it.I guess it might have been caused by incorrect sleeping posture at night or because of using two pillows under my head during sleeping as nothing else happened which might have amounted to this.Need immediate help.Please prescribe which medicine to take and in what dosage so that I can get relief. I am unable to work due to this.I reside in Hyderabad.Please prescribe the medicines.
Posted Sun, 29 Sep 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
You may need muscle relaxant

Detailed Answer:

I have studied your case.

According to your symptoms this looks as acute muscle sprain in your neck.And mostly due to bad posture.

When such patient comes to our hospital we usually do x XXXXXXX to rule out any nerve compression.
And when muscle sprain is confirmed muscle relaxant like Nucoxia MR [twice day] and pantoprazole twice day gives good relief. Analgesic gel like flexabenz can give good relief.

Here are my other useful suggestions to you:
Avoid lifting weights, do not watch television or work on computer for long time.
Sit with a support on your neck.
Take break every half hour while at office. Try to do some stretches and joint movements

Hot fomentation will help or You can consult physiotherapist for help.

You can use soft cervical collar to support neck.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.