Have orthostatic hypotension, due to autonomic dysfunction. Have double vision, facial muscle weakness, incontinence, PSVT and dysphagia. Related?

I have orthostatic hypotension. My cardiologist says it is due to an autonomic dysfunction. I also have a lot of other unexplained neurological symptoms, e.g. double vision, facial muscle weakness, distal extremity weakness, urge urinary incontinence, dysphagia, and vocal cords that do not close completely. Could these other symptoms be related to the autonomic dysfunction? I also have PSVT that can be sustained for 2 to 3 hours at a rate of 180; could this be due to the autonomic dysfunction? What causes autonomic dysfunction and what symptoms could be attributed to it?
Posted Mon, 23 Sep 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 9 days later
Brief Answer:
Yes. PSVT can be an autonomic dysfucntion

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query.
I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through.
Orthostatic hypotension is an autonomic dysfunction. PSVT and dysphagia can be an autonomic dysfunction. However your other symptoms such as double vision, facial muscle weakness, distal extremity weakness, urge urinary incontinence, and vocal cords that do not close completely cannot be due to autonomic dysfunction.
Normally other than the routine motor movements our muscles and secretion of visceras, there are two balancing systems, the sympathetic and parasympathetic system which balance all these motor and secretory activities. If the balance is deranged there are symptoms such as Hypotension/hypertension, tachycardia/bradycardia, increased/decreased rate of respiration and such other. Autonomic dysfunction is a condition where this balance between sympathetic and parasympathetic nerves is gone.
It is not in our voluntary control and there are many diseases which can cause this derangement.
Hope I am able to answer your concerns.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback.
In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:

Wish you good health,
Kind regards
Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.