Have oblong lump near anus, its not bleeding. Symptoms of hemmroid. What can it be?

Gastroenterologist
Question
I have a hard oblong lump near my anus in my butt crack which as you go towards anus feels long and deep. It's not bleeding and symptoms of hemorroid. feels like a tight muscle.
Went to my family Dr and he looked at it but didn't say what it was.Said he wanted me to see a surgeon.
Posted Mon, 20 May 2013 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 3 hours later
I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to answer your query.

Can you upload a picture of it so that I can have a look and give my opinion.

Dr.Ratnakar Kini

Follow-up: Have oblong lump near anus, its not bleeding. Symptoms of hemmroid. What can it be? 14 minutes later
I sent 2 pics via email. Like I said it's a oblong lump outside and as my finger goes into anus it feels like a hard rope. Also feels like a thick wall. The lump is on my right just above anus. When you touch the lump just right if feels very sensitive.

Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 40 hours later
I saw the photos you have uploaded.
The lump you have mentioned looks like external hemorrhoids.

I hope that answers your question.
If you have no more questions, kindly rate this service.
Dr.Ratnakar Kini

Follow-up: Have oblong lump near anus, its not bleeding. Symptoms of hemmroid. What can it be? 36 hours later
Hello...went to the surgeon today. I have a perianal abscess. He said to change eating habits and soak in sitz bath. This sound ok? Safe? It bleed last weekend a little bit and possibly drained. He said it's nothing to worry about.

Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 31 hours later
If it is abscess, it has to be drained promptly.
Discuss about it with your doctor.

I hope that answers your question.
Dr.Ratnakar Kini