Have numbness on nose and tingling in upper teeth and lips. Suggest?

I have a numbness on the right side of my nose and tingliness in my upper teeth and lip. What could this be?
Posted Mon, 12 Aug 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Rene Gerard Cruz Galera Jr 1 hour later

Thank you for your query and welcome to our site.

I understand that you are prehypertensive and that you are taking metoprolol aside from synthroid (for hypothyroidism?) and prilosec (for acid problems?). Right sided numbness on nose with a tingling feeling on your upper lip and teeth can be due to several things including cardiovascular (like acute hypertensive urgencies), cerebrovascular (pre-stroke or stroke), and even idiopathic (like Bell's Palsy).

To help me correctly identify and manage your problem, could you, please, provide me the following information:
1) what is your BP range (lowest and highest)?
2) did you feel any sudden onset and very painful headache at any time before you noticed the numbness?
3) when you smile or frown, is your face showing any asymmetry (one side not equal to the other)?
4) any drooling/excessive tearing or changes in taste that accompanied the tingling feeling of your teeth and lip?
5) did you have any fever anytime during the past 2 weeks?

Thanks! I eagerly await your answer.

Take care!

Dr. Galera