Ask a Dentist   »  

Have no teeth in mouth, since extracting getting white hard balls from gums. What is it?

I have no teeth in my mouth, yet since extracting my teeth I started getting white hard balls discharge from my gums and now it is so much that they cake together, what can this be, please? It is driving me crazy mad.
Posted Fri, 11 Oct 2013 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Anshumala Singh 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
complete medical history required.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome.

As per history posted here it appears that you have developed recurrent infections post extraction.It could be due to viral or bacterial origin. You can also suspect candidal infections.

In my clinical experience i have seen such cases occurs mostly with patients having history of diabetes, hypertension or with immuno-compromised patients.

Therefore before coming to any diagnosis, I would request you to please write to me regarding your medical history.

It would be nice if you can go for a simple blood test too and send me your reports.

Are you taking any medication presently for any other problem than dental issues? If so please mention.

Meanwhile please maintain good oral hygiene. You can use antiseptic mouth wash for a period of two weeks. This will reduce the infection to large extent by local action.

Awaiting your response.