Have nephrotic syndrome with membranous nephropathy. Urine and blood test done. Proper medication?

Feb 2013

1. Urine protein flow is 6000 odd mg for 3800ml of urine
2. Biopsy was carried out
3. diagonised with Nephrotic syndrome "Membranous nephropathy
4. Doctor has advise me to carry out series of test
a) USG Abdomen and Pelvis
Phosphours Serum, Blood group and rh factor with reverse grouping, calcium serum, complete blood count with ESR, glucose Random, blood picture peripherail, Blood semar examination , total 24-hour urine, absolute eosinophil count, aec, Renal porifle *Sodium, *Pottasium, *Blood urea, *creatine, *CBC urine, Routine HCV) Coagulation profile, platelet count, protrombin time Aptt, hepatitis B surface antigen, HBSAG, Rapid screeing, LIPID profile, *cholestrol, Total triglycerides, Cholestrol, HDL cholestrol, LDSL cholestrerol, Liver function test, T XXXXXXX D XXXXXXX IND XXXXXXX TP alb, SGOT*SGPT ALP, GT, Protein electrophore SIS, serum Total protein Electrophor etic fractions urine examination, routine urine, R/E, HIV rapid screening, Culture Urine, HAB1c
Kindly advise what is the proceedure for carrying out the above test and a call back will help, would like to XXXXXXX up a nephrologist as well with the reports and see if any change of medicines are required.. as currently my urine protein outflow is not consistent, sometime the medicine responds and sometimes not.

Kindly arrange for the same as well.

Posted Fri, 1 Mar 2013 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 2 hours later
Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic,
As you are having Nephrotic syndrome with Membranous nephropathy, your doctor advised those investigations to know the causes, associated abnormalities for this problem.
You consult a good and sophisticated laboratory to carry out these investigations with your doctor prescriptions and your previous reports.
The lab personnel will guide you in undergoing for investigations like sample collection, fasting, and the method of 24-hour urine collection.
The ultrasound abdomen and pelvis will be done by a radiologist and it will be done with a full urinary bladder and later with empty bladder.
The remaining investigations are urine and blood investigations and they take your urine and blood samples.
Usually fasting blood sample is required for the lipid profile.
For 24-hour urine, you have to collect the 24 hour urine in a container provided by the lab people as per their advise.
Most of the reports will be issued within a day, but the urine culture will take time (48 hours).
After collecting the reports consult your doctor for the interpretation of the reports and any modification in your management plan.
My mobile number will be displayed in the website on my profile and you can contact me on phone if you think it is necessary.
Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know.

Dr E Venkata Ramana,
Follow-up: Have nephrotic syndrome with membranous nephropathy. Urine and blood test done. Proper medication? 16 minutes later
Hello Dr E Venkata XXXXXXX

thanks for letting me know the details, quite useful

May i know if you have any good lab in mind, where i can go and conduct these tests

not sure what is the proceedure for collecting 24 hour urine, say when i start at 6 AM, do i start collecting from the first urine i pass and collect the same. Kindly clarif.

You are welcome,
Thank you for your query,
Actually I don't know about any good medical laboratory in your place and i don't have any idea.
But your doctor will guide and refer you to a such laboratory having the facility to conduct the investigations required by you.
Procedure to collect 24hour urine:
In the morning discard the first urine, and start collecting from the next sample and collect all urine including that day and night, and also collect the next day early morning urine in to the container.
Hope I have clarified your doubts, if you have any please let me know and if you don't have any clarification you can close the session and your kind review of my answer is always welcomed to advise in a better way in the future.