Have neck and shoulder pain. Get dizzy and lightheaded feeling. Feel pain in temples. What to do?

I have neck and shoulder pain everyday. Sitting having dinner today I started having some minor sharp pains so I stretch my neck around and arojnd twice then got dizzy or head rush or maybe lightheaded feeling. Immediately after my heart started racing, I felt numb, weak and alil tingly too. After feeling better twice I would feel sharp pains in my temples and these would start again. I dnt kno if I am havin axiety or if this is real symptoms with pain
Posted Sat, 27 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 2 hours later

Thank you for your query.

You neither mentioned your age or about any related medical history. I presume you are past forties and have no known medical history and normal blood pressure.

The symptoms that you describe appear to be due to cervical sponylosis. Give your neck muscles a rest for a day or two and then start with neck exercises under the guidance of a physiotherapist initially. If the problem persists then the best course would be to consult your doctor for a thorough examination.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction. Please feel free to revert back for any clarifications or if you would like to share more facts.

Wishing you an early recovery.

Rajiv K Khandelwal