Have muscle stiffness in arms, burning sensation in forehead and teeth area. Required treatment?

I have burning sensation in my forehead as well as tooth pain that hops from tooth to tooth. I have no congestion but my face in my cheek and nose area has slight burning sensation as well. Any thoughts? I have muscle stiffness in arms and neck as well.
Posted Wed, 3 Apr 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 2 hours later
Hi, welcome and thanks for writing in.
There are two possibilities for this presentation. Trigeminal neuralgia of opthalmic and mandibular branch may cause burning sensation in forehead and teeth area.
Another chance is that tooth decay which may radiate to face. Also sometimes due hyperthyroidism excessive burning sensation can be felt. But it is usually generalised , very rarely focal as in your case.
I would like to suggest please consult your neurologist for detailed clinical examination. If there is pathology then you may need medical management like gabapentin tablets.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have further concern, please let me know.