Have mitrovalve prolapse. Have sleep apnea, GERD and reflux. Elevated liver enzymes. Due to being over weight?

I have mitrovalve prolapse. I am male, 39, and overweight. 5'10", 248 pounds. I do not exercise right now. I have been having "chest pains" and I have been having major problems sleeping. The pain I have been having starts off feeling like an electrical sharp burning sensation under neat sturnem, and and then turns into a tight squeezing pain for about 10 seconds in the heart area, and I stand up and lift my left arm, and arch my back and I can sometimes negotiate the pain to go away. It's very scary. I went to the ER last week (no insurance) which makes it twice this year. And I am starting to rack up the bills now. The ER doctors say they can't see any heart attack after EKG, blood test, and chest x-ray. To make these more complicated I know I have sleep apnea and now possibly GERD or reflux. I wonder if I am thinking what I confuse as heart attack pain as an esophageal spasms? I do not have a regular cardiologist right now. I do go to a clinic with $35 office visits and they run patience in there like cattle. Literally 3 minute appointments and you're out of there. The last time I was there they put me on Amitriptyline 25mg to sleep and Ambien. I ran out of the Ambien which was working great. But the generic Amitriptyline 25mg is giving me side effects as galbladder or liver pain. The ER said my liver enzymes were elevated but I forgot to know how much. My anxiety is very high right now as I do not have insurance with my employer and I don't know if I am having XXXXXXX heart attacks or if it's something else. But when the squeezing pain comes on, I immediately drive myself to the hospital and sometimes sit in the ER parking lot with my finger on 911 on my cell phone. The hardest part is not having anyone look over me as I am single without family. This has been one of the most challenging things I have ever experienced. All I can do is pray and hope I don't kill over.
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in Valvular Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 6 hours later

Thanks for the query

I would like more info in order to come to a better interpretation of your problem

1. Does the pain come while exercising or at rest? Does it have a pattern?
2. Have you noticed those pains particularly in the mornings?
3. Do you have dyspepsia?
4. Are you regular with your meals?
5. Do you consume alcohol? How regularly and how much?
6. Do you smoke?

It could be of great help if you could attach your EKG, Liver function test and ECHO report. You can do that by using the 'attach files' option given to you.

Please get back to me, I am awaiting your reply

I wish you good health