Have missed period, dull back, runny nose, bloated tender breast and very moody. Was on clomid. Pregnant?

I am 39 years old missed my period I am 29 days late, have dull back, tired, runny nose, bloated tender breast and very moody. I was on clomid about a year ago tried to get pregnant with no success now I am wondering if I am pregnant or going through early menopause. Took a pregnancy test came out negative so do not know what to think. I have never been pregnant before but have not had any medical reason for not being able to get pregnant.
Posted Fri, 5 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 1 hour later
Hi and thanks for the query,

If you have been pregnant before, it is an issue of primary infertility. I would love to know for a start if you have been consulted by an infertility specialist before or not. Secondly, if you are married or live in a constant relationship, or not.

Early menopause is 39 is seen, but its actually very rare and secondly, the symptoms you describe are not the classical signs and symptoms of early menopause, except for the prolonged period, which of course occurred not on a repeated basis. That should not be a worry at this point in time.

Clomid can cause period irregularities at times. Bloated and tender breast and been moody could certainly been simple symptoms of premenstrual syndrome.
Infertility diagnosis and management requires you to live with a partner for continuously a year, having unprotected sex about 4/7 times a week with no pregnancy.

Secondly, i believe an infertility work up has been done from infectious disease testing (sexually transmitted), through hormones, ultrasounds, hysterosalpingographies, spermogrammes) and all these.

being followed up by an infertility specialist is important. there exist modern methods of fertilization today. I would love to know whether you have tried any in vitro fertilization or artificial insemination? This works fairly well today.

I suggest you get a consultation with an infertility specialist. Do not hesitate asking further questions if need be. Thanks and best regards,

Bain LE, MD.