Have minor sore on throat and had bronchitis. What could it be?

ENT Specialist
I had bronchitis that passed after about two weeks...gone about 5-6 days now. My throat is very minor sore on mainly right side. If you feel to tha back far right corner just below the flap of soft palate where it comes together with tongue it feels sort of flat and a bit sores, etc. Thoughts? I am 64 and quit smoking 28 years ago..thanks
Posted Thu, 19 Dec 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Direct examination / image, medication Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for your query. 1. Since this is an recent development after an infection, the most likely cause for this may be an island of lymphoid tissue. 2. Get a direct examination done or upload a close up image if the area is visible. Palpation of the area is possible on direct examination. 3. It is good to hear that you quit smoking many years ago. Your risk for tobacco related cancers is, therefore, very low. 4. Use a medicated gargle and get a prescription for sore throat medication including an anti-allergic and anti-inflammatory medication. 5. Usually a week old sore area should heal soon, if it persists, grows, pains or bleeds, get a biopsy and Neck USG done. I hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be available to answer them. Regards.