Have mild redness on glans and urethra, no discharge and no sores after unprotected oral sex. What to do?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
mild redness on glans and urethra, no discharge no sores. tingly feeling now and then, not realy painful.but has been constantly present for about 9 or 10 months,after recieving unprotected oral sex
Posted Sat, 13 Oct 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 3 hours later
Mild redness of glans without any sores or pain is not really worrisome. You can get yourself tested for chlamydia,gonorrhea etc to detect any infective cause.There might be some inflammation of the urethra causing a non specific urethritis. Most cases reduce on its own and dont require treatment.Some people need antibiotics for a few days.But most important is keeping good hygiene,avoid unprotected sex,was with a antiseptic solution and after sex and urination.

If you develop burning,itching etc then you definitely need antibiotics.
As for now,just keep clean and avoid unprotected sex and see if the sensation reduces.
You can use topical treatment like 1% hydrocortisone ointment for symptomatic relief.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.