Have mild giddiness and discomfort while breathing. Numbness in breathing. Have cholesterol. TMT showed mild muscle thickness. Suggest?

General Surgeon
Sir,I have more burp in the morning and bef that I have mild giddiness for 3 to 4 min and discomfort in breathing for 1 min.At that time when I measured BP it is higher.Also numbness in hand for some time.i have cholestrol for which I am taking medicines.For burp I under went an endoscopy and Doctor has prescribed medicine bef food.He told me to stop alcohol and spicy food which I am following strictly.I also underwent TMT,and during echo Cardiologist told mild muscle thickness is there which need not be worried.I also have sugar reading of 140 Prior to breakfast but after food and Random sugar is always less than 150.I am bit worried and want to know the reason for that giddiness.Recently I have started taking BP Tablet after Breakfast which cardiologist has prescribed.Waiting for your reply.

Posted Tue, 8 Oct 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Giddiness could be due to low sugar levels.

Detailed Answer:

Thankyou for posting in helathcaremagic.

AS your TMT and Echo are normal,cardiac problem is excluded.You are also taking BP tablet.

Blood sugar of 140 before breakfast,i.e,fasting is not normal.You should go for Glucose tolerance test(GTT) to confirm Diabetes.

The symptoms that you have experienced in the morning,are most probably due to hypoglycaemia,low blood sugar levels.

The second possibility is Alchohol withdrawl.

But,i request you to get GTT and come back after the report.I would like to know the BP medicine also.

I will clarify further once i see your GTT report.

Wish you good health