Have mild acne and dark hair on chin. Suggest suitable way to reduce hair growth

Question
Have very mild acne but dark hairs grown on chin and underneath chin,when removed they grow back with 24 hours,this means that every morning hairs have to b tweeted which is causing irritation now. I want to know what can slow hair growth and reduce it
Posted Wed, 20 Nov 2013 in Acne

Answered by Dr. Guru 20 minutes later
Brief Answer: A coordinated visit to Dermatologist and Endocrino Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for consulting HealthcareMagic! Medically, we call this tendency of unwanted hair growth underneath chin and growing back when removed as hirsutism. It has many causes like presence of multiple cysts in the ovaries(PCOD- Polycystic ovarian disease) few medications like corticosteroids, hormonal supplements etc, abnormalities of certain hormones (Cushing’s syndrome, Hyperprolactinemia etc) and also some other. If we can identify the particular cause by conducting certain tests like androgen levels, ultrasound of the ovaries or adrenal glands and certain other hormonal tests. Then we can treat the appropriate cause. A coordinated visit to Dermatologist and Endocrinogist would help. Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if you have have any clarifications. If not, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. If you like my answers and wish me to answer in future, bring it to my attention: Dr Vasanth. Url link is as follows: WWW.WWWW.WW Wish you good health!

Follow-up: Have mild acne and dark hair on chin. Suggest suitable way to reduce hair growth 2 minutes later
Thanks,would the contraceptive pill help with growth/acne,any one in particular?

Answered by Dr. Guru 10 hours later
Brief Answer: No, contraceptive pills will not be used for this Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for follow up! No, contraceptive pills will not be used help with growth/acne. However, today’s research indicates that a move toward individualizing the dosing of prescription agents is warranted and it can happen only after physical consultation / Your doctor will know about these drugs. Wish you good health!