Have mild Chest pain. Feels like muscle pull. Have troubled breathing. Have 3 herniated discs in neck. Heart problem symptoms?

50 years old. Mild Chest pain on both sides of sternum. Feels like muscle pull. No pain down arms or legs. No trouble breathing at all. Somemtines upper chest muscle spasms a bit. It's annoying and makes me concerned! It comes and goes....might go for 4-8 hours with no pulling feeling and then comes backs again. Sleep can be annoying. Been going on for 1 week now. It is giving me aniexty (small panic attacks) which is worse.

It seems to have happened after a twisty romantic interlude 1 week ago. I do excercise daily doing cardio and some very light weight dumbell work. I just wnat to make sure NOTHING heart related....

I do have 3 herniated discs in neck (30 year injury) and, at times, when neck is "out", I get pinches in my chest, arms and legs. With self-traction, it usually goes away relatively quickly. But this time, after 1 week, it is still here with annoying pulling sore feeling. I am more concerned.

Just in case, will go get my annual physical a bit sooner...this week; blood test etc....

Am I missing any heart problem symptoms? Does it sound to you like a chest muscle pinch?
Posted Tue, 15 Oct 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Sukhvinder Singh 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
please see details.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Sir
1. An anginal pain is like a heaviness on chest. It is characteristically behind the breastbone but can radiate to lower jaw, both arms and umbilicus. It comes with exercise/ exertion/ using stairs/ carrying weights or emotional stress and goes away with rest. It may be associated with shortness of breath, sweating and nausea.
2. A pain which lasts for less than a minute or lasts for hours and days together, can be elicited by touch or pressure or particular movements, can be pinpointed with a finger is less likely to be anginal.
3. if the pain is there for more than a week and you are doing all kind of exercises (cardio + dumbbells) without eliciting or aggravating pain, then it is more atypical of anginal pain.
I hope this provides some insight into your problem. However this is only a historical perspective. This on it's own can not 100% rule out a cardiac cause for your symptoms. Do get examined also for ascertaining the exact cause of pain. This definitely requires a visit to your doctor.
Feel free to discuss further.