Have migraine headache before periods. Blood test showed low vitamin D and given estrogen tablets. Suggest?

Hi am 29 years old Ihave imigrane headace headace begins one or two days before my period this hapens for two last monthes Isee my doctor and Ido some blood tests and she say vitamin d is low she give me medicines and also she give me tablets to control hormons (esrogin) now after those medicens lfeel some times with headace and ear pain but Ifeel Idont need migrane tablets and ldo my activites normally is that means this headace will ends tha nks
Posted Tue, 15 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Menstrual migraine.Estrogen is treatment.

Detailed Answer:

I have gone through your query and understand your concerns.

1. Migraine head aches before your periods is due to drop in estrogen level just before your period (Menstrual migraine). Many of my patients with migraine report headaches before or during menstruation because estrogen may affect headache-related chemicals in the brain.
Now because of this phenomenon you doctor has given estrogen for your management.

2. If your all earlier episodes of migraine occurred before your periods then with this estrogen hormone supplement and with preventive headache medication starting a few days before your period you can stop the episodes of migraine as we can remove the trigger for migraine.
You can stop your regular migraine tablets and do your regular activities.

3. If you had developed migraine in other conditions then other triggers are need to be avoided to stop migraine. In those conditions and if you feel head ache & ear pain then you can take NSAID like naproxen or ibuprofen and can stop the pain.

4. Making lifestyle changes, such as reducing stress, nutritious food and exercising regularly also may help reduce the frequency, length and severity of migraines.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. Feel free to ask if any related query and I will be glad to answer them.

If you like my answers kindly rate it, and write a review as well.
Wish you faster recovery and good health.