Have menstruation problem due to a cyst. Prescribed with primulut. Will I get pregnant if I have unprotected sex?

Infertility Specialist
Question
I have a cyst and the problem is my menses usually last for more than 10 days. This time the gp prescribed primulut n for me to take for 10 days whiles im on parlodel for high prolactin. according to my cycle I wil be ovulating this week. will I get pregnant if I have unprotected sex
Posted Sat, 16 Nov 2013 in Infertility Problem

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 16 hours later
Brief Answer:
ovulation

Detailed Answer:
Hi, ovulation occurs about 14 days prior to menses. If you had intercourse around thid time there is possibility of pregnancy. Since you are expecting cycles this week, if you have intercourse now chances of pregnancy are less. Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol

Follow-up: Have menstruation problem due to a cyst. Prescribed with primulut. Will I get pregnant if I have unprotected sex? 7 minutes later
can I still use clomid whiles there is a present of cyst. like one tablet for 5 days. lower dosage

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 7 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No

Detailed Answer:
no. Clomid to be used in beginning of cycle. Not now. So i suggest get follicular scan on second day of cycle to see if cyst is gone and how big it is. Let me know which type if cyst is it. Based on scan report you can ask doctor if you can take clomid. Regards

Follow-up: Have menstruation problem due to a cyst. Prescribed with primulut. Will I get pregnant if I have unprotected sex? 5 minutes later
I was told it was a complex cyst. bt I will have the scan done as soon as I have my next menses and I will let you know

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Enquire

Detailed Answer:
Hi, please get scan from reputed IVF centre or infertility specialist. Ask them following questions : Whether cyst is 1) chocolate or endometriotic cyst 2) simple cyst 3) corpus luteal cyst 4) dermoid cyst. Let them check in detail. Regards