Have major gastric issues, get bad burps after food. Suggest medicine to avoid it
User rating for this question
Have major gastro issues ... get bad burps upto 2 hours after food etc... pls suggest best medicine or way to avoid it
Posted Sun, 15 Dec 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 17 hours later
Brief Answer: Detailed answer given below Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for posting your query. I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to assist you. Bad burps can occur if you have gastroesophageal reflux disease, if you swallow excess air or if there is gastroparesis ( slow functioning of stomach). You can take PPI medications like prilosec twice a day before food. Discuss with your doctor before taking these medications. Eat slowly, chew properly. This will prevent excess swallowing of air. Check your blood glucose levels (Diabetes can cause gastroparesis and lead to the symptoms you have mentioned). I hope that answers your question. Let me know if I can assist you further. Regards, Dr.Ratnakar Kini
People also viewed
- I am suffering from dyspepsia, can i take tums regular strength?
- Bruise on belly after embryo transfer
- Gastric problem in unani medicine
- Facing problem of gastric and back pain suggest medicine
- Belching after gastrectomy
- Food medicine avoid impotence
- Medicines to avoid after spleenectomy
- I am suffering from barrett's esophagus, can i take protonix iv?
- Rantac d before or after meal
- I am suffering from irritable bowel syndrome, can i take levsin?
- I am suffering from stomach upset, can i take benadryl allergy?
- Suggest medicines for bad constipation
- Before n after precautions for ivf
- Is phillips' milk of magnesia used in the treatment of indigestion?
- Should glycomet gp1 to be taken before or after food ?