Have major gastric issues, get bad burps after food. Suggest medicine to avoid it

Have major gastro issues ... get bad burps upto 2 hours after food etc... pls suggest best medicine or way to avoid it
Posted Sun, 15 Dec 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 17 hours later
Brief Answer: Detailed answer given below Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for posting your query. I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to assist you. Bad burps can occur if you have gastroesophageal reflux disease, if you swallow excess air or if there is gastroparesis ( slow functioning of stomach). You can take PPI medications like prilosec twice a day before food. Discuss with your doctor before taking these medications. Eat slowly, chew properly. This will prevent excess swallowing of air. Check your blood glucose levels (Diabetes can cause gastroparesis and lead to the symptoms you have mentioned). I hope that answers your question. Let me know if I can assist you further. Regards, Dr.Ratnakar Kini