Have lump in pubic area. Feels like ball moving. Sometimes painful. What could this be?

I have this lump in my pubic area that comes and goes and when I push on it , it feels like a ball moving around under my skin and is sometimes painful when I push on it. What could this be?
Posted Thu, 7 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Yogesh D 8 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Nothing to worry. Most likely a lipoma.

Detailed Answer:

From your description I suspect that you might be having a small lipoma (a lump of fat under the skin).

I can reassure you that this is a benign condition and does not require any treatment or any followup. These are harmless little things that just happen to be there doing nothing.

As for the pain, of course you will have some pain when try to push it, because there is a bone under the pubic area against which this lump gets pushed and that causes the pain, I would advice you not to push it.

If you are worried about it, you may visit a surgeon and get it removed for your peace of mind and for cosmetic reasons if you feel so.

Relax and just forget about it.

You are most welcome to ask me if you have any doubts or more questions.

Wishing you a happy life.

Warm regards,