Have low body temperature. Feeling disoriented, lightheaded and tired?

Oncologist, Surgical
Hello, my temperature reads at 34.8 and yet I'm sweating. I feel disoriented, a little light-headed, very tired and rather fed up. Btw it's not menopause as I had XXXXXXX and BSO 28 years ago.
Posted Sun, 5 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rohan Khandelwal 38 minutes later
Dear Ma'am,

Sorry to hear about your problem. The problem could either be due to cardiac issues or due to thyroid hormone imbalance.
I can see that you are on anti-hypertensives and medicines for high cholesterol as well. All these condition can increase the chances of a heart attach and angina, which can manifest with these symptoms. I would suggest that you visit a doctor immediately and have yourself evaluated.
The other problem could be due to thyroid hormone imbalance. When was the last time you got your thyroid function tests done. Thryoxine dose requires frequent monitoring and needs to be changed accordingly.
I would recommend that you visit a doctor and have yourself evaluated.

Hoping for the best. Please feel free to clarify any other query.