Have low back pain and feel tired. Noticed brown spotting. Is this implantation bleeding? Chances of pregnancy?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Mar 2013
Mar 2013
Question
Hello, My name is XXXXXXX and I had a couple questions regarding Pregnancy/ Implantation bleeding. My husband and I have been trying to convceive since April 2013. So far no luck. It has tooken me months to get to know my body and cycle. My cycle is 32-33 Days always. It is always a day or 2 later each month. I have had intercousre this month between the 17-24th (around Ovulation time, not exactly sure on the day). My period is not supposed to start until Ocotber 3-4th. Since yesterday, I have had lower back aches, felt very tired, Brown spotting when using the bathroom, and cramps. My period usually never comes earlier tha expected, it always comes later. So I am trying to figure out if this can be implantation or just my body starting my period earlier than expected. I hate to get my hopes up but everythig seems to fit if I am Pregnant and it all makes sense. Any thoughts? Does implantation feel like period and usually last 2-3 days or shorter?
Thank you,
XXXXX
Posted Thu, 17 Oct 2013 in Getting Pregnant

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
WAIT AND WATCH.

Detailed Answer:
Hello Mrs. XXXXX,
Thanks for writing to us with your health related concern.
An implantation bleed generally starts a week AFTER ovulation .
As we do not know the EXACT date of your ovulation, it is difficult to say if this is implantation bleed / an earlier than normal period.
A period MIGHT begin with spotting / brownish bleeding, however it almost always progresses into full blown bleeding in a couple of days.
Implantation bleeding is NEVER heavy, it is ALWAYS limited to mild spotting / brownish discharge.
Implantation bleed is rarely accompanied by premenstrual or menstrual symptoms like nausea, bloating, soreness of breasts, cramps etc.
A period would go on for 3 - 5 days, while implantation bleed rarely lasts beyond a day or a couple of days.
Please wait for a week and see if a full blown period appears.
If it doesnt, please take a pregnancy test on the 4th or 5th of October.
Wishing you all the best with conception.
Please feel free to ask any further follow up questions.

Follow-up: Have low back pain and feel tired. Noticed brown spotting. Is this implantation bleeding? Chances of pregnancy? 47 minutes later
Great Thank you very much.
I will wait a little bit and see what it comes to be.
Thank you, XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 1 minute later
Brief Answer:
THANKS

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for the appreciation, XXXXXXX
Wish you all the best.
Please feel free to contact me anytime.

Follow-up: Have low back pain and feel tired. Noticed brown spotting. Is this implantation bleeding? Chances of pregnancy? 22 hours later
Well, I got my question answered. It is, in fact, my period. :(
this whole month has been thrown off now because I am so used to my 32-33 days cycle. I am very confused as to why this cycle was only 26 days and how i am supposed to track for next month and so forth if I dont know how long my cycles are. Do you have any suggestions?
Thank you, XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
DETAILED BELOW

Detailed Answer:
The best way to track ovulation is to have follicular monitoring.
This is serial transvaginal ultrasounds done during your menstrual cycle, to trace the growth of the follicle, and to track ovulation.
the next best is to use ovulation predictor kits.
With irregular cycles, unfortunately, there is no clear cut way to know ovulation.
It is better to remain sexually active daily / every alternate day after day 10 of your cycle ( counting first day of bleeding as day 1 ).
All the best XXXXXXX

Follow-up: Have low back pain and feel tired. Noticed brown spotting. Is this implantation bleeding? Chances of pregnancy? 22 minutes later
Ok greatthank you so much for your time and help.
Thanks, XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 11 minutes later
Brief Answer:
DETAILED BELOW

Detailed Answer:
Welcome XXXXXXX
Do not stress yourself out, as you have been TTC only for a few months.
Am sure you are quite young and healthy, and will get pregnant within a few months.
Worrying or stressing out wont help things.
:)
Please use the following URL to contact me directly on this portal anytime for a query
WWW.WWWW.WW Please close the discussion and rate it, if you have no further doubts.