Have low BP, taking verapamil. Drinking wine. Suggest?

blood pressure to low? 88/44 76 yr old woman taking 80 mg verapamil at evening/
had three glasses of wine this evening. took her 80mg of verapamil a fewv hrs before
evening dinner. concerned about low blood pressure
v - readings of 98/45 85/43 81/41 84/42
Posted Sat, 24 Aug 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Aparna Amritsagar 51 minutes later
Thanks for writing your query to us.
The blood pressure reading which had mention are very low. kindly recheck it with another blood pressure machine. If there is problem with the blood pressure machine, or any error while recording the blood pressure than it can give low blood pressure. At such low blood pressure you should get some symptoms like giddiness, weakness, decreased urine output, cold clammy hands & feets. If you don't have any symptoms than the BP reading is wrong. And if you are having this symptoms than your dose of medicine needs to be reduced. So kindly consult your treating physician to reconfirm the blood pressure recording.
I hope I have answered your query. In case you have any further query, I will be happy to help you. Take care.