Have lost smell and taste. What is the cure?

Sep 2013

I have lost smell and taste since several years back ( Anosmia ) and I am wondering if there is a cure Medical history - User selected: Brain and Spine. Please note that I, as a user, have never mentioned Category Brain and Spine, which I feel has nothing to do with Anosmia
Posted Tue, 26 Nov 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Het Ram Bishnoi 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Anosmia &Ageusia treatment. Detailed Answer: Hello, XXXXX. Thanks for the query to H.C.M. Forum. As you mentioned that your are having these problems from many years . Your age is 79 years . There is no proven treatment for ANOSMIA after the age of 60 years. Zinc & Vitamin (especially with vitamin A )therapy are advocated by some, but no scientific proof. Taste i.e. disturbance of the sense of taste may be categorized as total ageusia . No effective treatment is available for total ageusia. No effective therapies exist for the sensorineural disorders for taste. Hope this information will help you. Good luck for you. Dr. HET