Have light brown patches in pubic area. How to get rid of it?

I have light brown patches of skin in my pubic area they are flaky as well. How can I get rid of them?
Posted Sat, 22 Dec 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kruti 1 hour later

I will be glad to be of assistance and I will try my best to answer your queries until you get a satisfactory answer.

I would like to request you to take a photograph of the lesions and post them here so I can have a look and opine regarding them. You have a feature to upload the image by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize that so that I can answer your queries better. If you are not able to upload, you may also send it to YYYY@YYYY , with subject as 'ATTN: Dr. Kruti'.

Awaiting your response...

Follow-up: Have light brown patches in pubic area. How to get rid of it? 10 hours later
I sent the picture I'm concerned about stds as my ex boyfriend waqs cheating on me.
Answered by Dr. Kruti 20 hours later

Thanks for your reply.

I reviewed the picture. You have a condition called pityriasis versicolor.

Its a superficial fungal infection of the skin.

Its not a std.

It happens due to accumulation of sweat. Also due to heat and humidity.

I would recommend that you apply terbinafine cream on it twice a day for two weeks.

The fungus will be eliminated however it takes 6 weeks for the skin to regain normal colour.

There is nothing to worry. It will surely resolve.

Please let me know if I can address any other concern for you.

Follow-up: Have light brown patches in pubic area. How to get rid of it? 5 hours later
Thank you so much for your help. I've been so embarrassed.I am not familiar with the medication you suggested, terbinafine, do you know what the equalivant is in the US?

Thank you again! XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Kruti 15 hours later

Thanks for replying.

Terbinafine is known as lamisil cream in USA.

Its available over the counter.