Have lesion on jaw line. Getting tingling sensation and numbness. What could be the reason?

Jul 2012

I have a XXXXXXX along my jawline. Almost looks like a reddish birthmark or slight bruise. no previous birthmark. Not acne or dry skin. No recent injury. Now developing tingling and slight numbness to lower ear area near XXXXXXX XXXXXXX not sore or sensitive to touch but ear a bit tender. Has been present for 4 days. Has not appeared to change in size. How long should I wait before seeing my family doctor?
Posted Mon, 11 Feb 2013 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 6 hours later
Hi there.
I read your history & your clinical description of the lesion along the jaw line, the ear issues & the boyfriends' HPV status.
At the outset, let me assure you the latter has no bearing on this present predicament.
Second, the XXXXXXX along the jawline may be an old scar due to some old nondescripit injury & may have found a small keloid or hypertrophic scar that can be secondarily inflamed & responsible for the earache as a result of secondary lymph node involvement.Alternatively the ear & XXXXXXX may be different issues.
I suggest taking a simple oral anti-inflammatory agent eg ibuprofen that can be bought over the counter taken as a 400mg dose three times/day over a 48 hr period. If still no respite, then it is time to XXXXXXX your family doctor at ground0.
Good Luck & all the best. Take care. Cheers!
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD
Dermatologist, Cosmetologist, Venereologist